Monday, May 17, 2010

Movie Weekend

I saw "Just Wright" yesterday. Even though many of the people that I am close to think the story has been done many times before. I like Queen Latifah & love Common, so I had to see it.

I really enjoyed the movie. There was a scene or 2 that made me tear up. I'm sure if you saw the movie you're thinking, huh? I'm pretty sure no one else got teary during those scenes. It happened in the scenes with her father. It made me think of my dad especially in a scene where she and her father were painting. I flashed back to helping my father paint our house one summer.

But personal memories aside if you like 'boy meets girl' movie. This is the movie to see.

4 comments:

Freaky Deaky said...

I went to the movies Friday. There were a lot of women there to see Just Wright. One lady seemed a little disappointed I wasn't there to see it too. Glad you liked it. I know a couple of people who might want to see it too.

Remnants of U said...

Yes, anyone that is a fan of Common, Queen Latifah, Phylicia Rashad, or even Pam Grier. Or of the Chick Flick genre should like it. Unlike some musicians in movies Common can act.

chele said...

Good Lord! You've been posting over here on the regular and I've been missing it. LOL

Anyway, I really enjoyed Just Wright. I teared up when he went to go get her in Philly and said, "I know you love me and that doesn't stop just because you're mad." I thought that was perfect. Weird place to tear up, but that's how I roll.

Remnants of U said...

@Chele LOL! You know me I'll post regularly & then suddenly nothing for months. But I am going to try to do it regularly, because in order to write decently, I have to do it. And I don't even mean like you a writer. But even if I need to at work. Right now my thoughts are rather jumbled.

Oh, yes that line made me smile with a tear in the corner of my eye. :-)