Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Little Randomness

I went to a Farmers Market Sunday and I only spent $5 and got quite a bit of veggies and few plantains. I finally successfully fried plantain & it was edible. Yay me! My mistake in the past was that did not use ripe fruit when I fried it before. Hint, when you have to saw through the skin to get to the fruit, it ain't ripe enough. So I bought one that was already ripe & it worked. Of course I still have about 7 lbs of potatoes, so I guess that is a lot of starchy food. But this is the fruit that I like that has potassium.

I typically speak in very general terms about my job. Even in person when asked I just say I work at a call center or a help desk. Most of the time that answer is good enough for people. I never say the name of the company to someone that I am just meeting for the 1st time. Because my pet peeve is usually the reaction that people have...they want a hook up. I met a guy and he seemed pretty nice. I gave him my general answer when he asked what I did. I guess he caught me off guard when he asked where...usually I name the city. But when I said the company name...He predictably asked about a hookup. Unfortunately I had already given him my number...I doubt I'll answer when he calls.

3 comments:

Freaky Deaky said...

I don't recall ever hearing of a plantain so I'll have to look it up. Ever heard of a love nut? It looks like a booty. Very pleasant looking. LOL.

Awww Remmy, caring is sharing so um gimme da hookup please! *giggles*

Remnants of U said...

Leave it to Freaky to know of a fruit that looks like a booty. LOL!

Yeah Freaky, I got a hook up for you. ~Winks~

Freaky Deaky said...

I had to do a report for a business class and found out about the the love nut then. Everybody had a hard time keeping a straight face.

Um your hookup sounds like it might be better than the one I was thinking about. LOL.