Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Who is going to drink the milk?

I tried to post this a few times, but it seems I chose to try when blogger was down.

It was a week ago, but last week my son left home. To go where you ask? He is in Basic training. He joined the Army Reserves. I certainly didn't want him to join while we are at war. But his 19th birthday was a few weeks ago. I think "the do as I say not as I do/did" is beneath him. Or that he is too smart to fall for that one.

I was a reservist myself before he was born (not Army) and his father & both of his grandfathers were in the Army. He also has an aunt that retired from the navy about 2 or 3 years ago. Fortunately he chose a job that isn't one that would have him in direct combat. But anyone that goes overseas is in harms way. So I will have to pray that his unit will not go anywhere anytime soon.

And I am lactose intolerant, so I guess I will be pouring out what is left of the gallon of milk. He should have pretty strong bones, because he went through quite a lot of milk in a week.

So the d-o-g and I are getting used to life without him for the rest of the year. Which will take a lot of getting used to for me, because he was never gone for more than about a month at a time.

8 comments:

Freaky Deaky said...

Aww, Remmy! (((HUG))) I know you miss your "baby". I'm sure he'll be okay but he'll be in the thoughts of your blogger family.

LOL @ d-o-g. Like he won't know you're calling him a dog.

Now go back and hit the books. Don't make me crack the whip. ;o)

West said...

Awww.

I'm both happy and sad for you.

Hehehe. "d-o-g"
Hehe. Man, I swear. Too funny.

Remnants of U said...

@ Freaky Oh, you got whips, huh? I think the books have been hitting me back lately. :-)

@ West Yes, it is a happy & sad kind of feeling for me too.

Anonymous said...

Sheesh. How are you holding up? My day is coming. For some reason I picture myself sitting in front of my house all alone, smoking cigarettes and yelling at the kids to stay off my lawn. I don't smoke. How's that for drama. Maybe I should get a dog.

Freaky Deaky said...

No, but I've been looking and can definitely get one. ;o)

Remnants of U said...

@ Chele well, this 1st week has been ok. It might have something to do with the speeding ticket he got before he left. ;-) But give me another week. Ha, ha! And I laugh about the yelling at the kids to stay off your lawn, because yesterday the kids were playing football & kept hitting the house.

@ Freaky U are so bad!

ManNMotion said...

Lactose intolerant? That means no ice cream? BTW, I love obscure films.

Teenage Perfectionist said...

I dont understand how u people get so many comments and i dont! i am so taking down my blog cause its not like anybody reads it anyway.