Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Fast Trip Blog Post

I've been thinking about adding something more informational to my blog. My goal is to maybe twice a month highlight a "fast trip" in a city. It might be a tourist attraction, or the hunt for a food that the city is known for (usually something unhealthy).

My plan is to include cheap and easy in Atlanta and usually cities that have inexpensive, fast (train) public transportation directly from the airport.

Even a few years ago when I had to do my quarterly or 2x a year business trip, I sometimes had a few extra hours in a city. A business trip to NYC allowed me to squeeze in the Statue of Liberty and I think that was a summer trip, because I had my son with me. We didn't do a lot of traveling, but we did a few things on a tight budget and or worked into a business trip. (I saved on MY airfare.)

My tourist attraction visits will usually be on a weekday, so all of my "Fast Trip Visits" will be completed in 4 to 6 hours start to finish. Lodging or transportation to the city won't be included. It will be a work in progress and done on a whim. So hopefully it will be helpful, interesting, and if nothing else I'll have fun.

Coming soon...the tour I took in Chicago this week.

3 comments:

Freaky Deaky said...

Sounds like fun! I'm looking forward to it. I'd always be scared of some last minute traffic accident or losing track of time and missing my flight if I left the airport. You're a brave one.

Remnants of U said...

Try bad weather causes flight to be canceled. Being at the airport on time didn't even help. :-(

Internet business at home automated system said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.